Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back to work?

I have been pondering getting a part time job lately to help with finances, at least for a few months. I have been very torn about this decision. Being a mom and wife is something I feel is my "Job". From a young child I always wanted to get married and have children. I wanted to be a vet, but I also really wanted to be a mom and wife. This is something I love doing and I feel going back to work would lessen my ability to be the wife and mom I have been striving to be. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing mothers who work. This is a personal battle. I have no problem with mothers who work, it is just not something I feel I would "love" as much as taking care of Brealyn and my husband. They come first to me, and when I have a job it is very hard for me to keep up with the "wifely" duties. The laundry is never done, and cooking, you can forget about that. We would eat microwavable junk and every once in a while a home cooked meal. After working all day I am just to drained to come home and clean, cook, make lunches, and fold clothes. I have recently started my own business which will allow my crafting talents to be put to good use. I have started a Facebook page and will soon have many items to offer. Having this business, I am hoping, will give us a little extra income without the "being gone all day" exhaustion of a "real job". I have also found a blog on pinterest that gives ways for stay at home moms to make money. I will put a link to her page at the bottom of this post and let you all know how some of her suggestions work. She is very informative though and I cannot wait to try some of her suggestions. If you have any suggestions please send them to me! I love hearing from others, and would love any input on ways to make money from home!!
Here is a link to her blog Making money from home

No comments:

Post a Comment